Crash or hang during AX Project or Report Build – Visual Studio 2013 / AX R3 CU8
I spent a few hours trying to resolve VS crashing during the build of an SSRS report. The below resolution solved the problem for me, and I was able to customize and re-deploy the SSRS project to the AOT without a crash.
Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU8 now requires Visual Studio 2013. If you’re experiencing a crash or hang when attempting to build projects, after installing CU8, please follow the steps outlined below.
1) Open your System Properties. (Right-click start menu, select System, then Advanced System Settings)
2) Click the Advanced tab
3) Click the Environment Variables button
4) Under the System Variables block, add the following value:
a. Variable name = COMPLUS_LoaderOptimization
b. Variable value = 1
5) Once the value has been loaded, restart the AOS service.
6) Close any instances of Visual Studio, re-open and attempt building another AX project or report.